Sunday, October 26, 2008

When I Lost My Ex

When my ex boyfriend broke up with me two weeks before our wedding, I was devastated to say the least. Depressed wasn't even the word for what I felt! I didn't want to eat, didn't want to leave the house, didn't really care about anything.

For the first week or so the only time I did leave the house was to go check up on my ex. I went to his apartment and walked right in as I always had. This didn't go over well at all. I constantly tried to find out where he was, what he was doing, and who he was doing it with. I wanted my ex back, and I was desperate. Desperate is not a good thing - men don't like it and it won't work.

Finally, even though going out was the last thing on earth I wanted to do, I started going out with friends and trying to live normally. If you have suffered through this, you know how hard it is. I was miserable. But I put on a good front. Eventually I really did start enjoying myself, though I still wanted my ex back.

Months later, after trying to hide my desperation and act like I had a life I loved, my ex called me! He said breaking up with me was the worst thing he had ever done. I was beyond belief - I had my ex back! That was the happiest day of my life.

No comments: